The Canadian Music Educator (CME) is the official quarterly journal of the Canadian Music Educators’ Association. CME publishes a wide range of articles pertaining to music education in Canada and across the globe. Articles reflect the diversity of music education approaches, methods, musics, delivery systems, and practices used across all student populations and teaching contexts in the 21st-century world. Topics pertain directly to music teachers in schools, communities, and postsecondary institutions, as well as music education researchers. Each edition includes a broad range of articles that may include promising practices, research and research-to-practice reports, advocacy, contemporary and community approaches, and commentaries. Updates from Canadian provincial and territorial music educators associations are also regularly included. A combination of peer-reviewed (generally research based) and non-peer-reviewed (generally practice-based) articles are published in all editions.
- 62-1 ARTICLE – Interview with the Expert
- 62-2 ARTICLE – #BlackMusicMatters: Dismantling Anti-Black Racism in Music Education
Authors wishing to have submissions considered for publication should keep the following in mind:
- Manuscripts may be submitted at any time and will be considered for upcoming editions.
- We accept a wide range of manuscript sizes, from short briefs to longer papers. Submissions should not normally exceed 4000 words. However, exceptions may be made if warranted.
- All contributions must include an abstract that summarizes content (50-100 words).
- Illustrations, graphics, photos, are welcome additions to manuscripts. Quality and resolution must be sufficiently high for publication (typically at least 300 dpi), and photo credits must be included.
- Submissions are welcomed in either English or French.
- Manuscripts should be submitted as Word documents and formatted following APA-7 style guidelines.
- Please note that all accepted submissions may be edited. Edits will be returned to authors for consideration and approval prior to publication.
- All submissions received will be acknowledged. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within one week of submission, please follow up with an email to the editor.
- Manuscripts submitted for peer-review must be blinded prior to submission and should include the words Peer Review Submission in the email subject line to the editor. Please note that the journal publishes many articles that are reviewed by the Editorial Board, rather than peer reviewers. Peer review is normally reserved for original research articles. The Editor reserves the right to recommend to the author a different review process from their original request.
- In order for submissions to be published in the Canadian Music Educator, authors must agree to the conditions outlined in the CME Copyright Transfer document by returning a signed copy to the editor. The editor will provide the document to authors upon acceptance of the submission.
To submit a manuscript for consideration, please send a message to the editor, Dr. Charlene Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach the Word document.
For Journal advertising information please contact Jody Chrisan. Email: email@example.com