CALL FOR APPLICANTS
for the CMEA-Appointed Project Coordinator for the
International Society of Music Educators (ISME) World Conference on Music Education –2022
The Biennial ISME World Conference brings together ISME members working in all contexts and levels of music education to share best practices, issues relative to practice, industry, advocacy and research relevant to their professional community. The last ISME conference held in Canada was hosted by Edmonton in 2000.
A motion was passed by the CMEA Full Board to pursue placing a bid to host the 2022 ISME World Conference in Canada. ISME has made the additional request that we investigate site options within Francophone Canada.
We are currently seeking a candidate who would be willing to investigate site options and initiate the development of a bid package. This candidate would work on behalf of CMEA, and potentially in partnership with Strategic Site Selections and the tourism board of the selected city. Upon completion of this initial investigation, this candidate could be invited to allow their name to stand as one of three appointed Co-Chairs for the conference.
Immediately upon appointment
- Collaborate with the CMEA Elected Board and Strategic Site Selections to select a host city in French speaking Canada
- Follow up with CMEA, SSS and host city’s tourism board to commence development of our CMEA bid to host the 2022 ISME World Conference
- File monthly progress reports with the CMEA Elected Board
- Seek feedback on progress and take direction from the CMEA Elected Board
- Develop positive professional relationships with partner organizations, suppliers, industry partners, and sponsors
- Develop, respect, and uphold timelines that promote a successful path for the conference
- Maintain both process and decision-making records
The Ideal Candidate
The CMEA Executive seeks a candidate who is currently a CMEA member in good standing to fulfill this role. In addition, the ideal candidate will be experienced with:
- Organizing professional development and/or conference events
- The network of professional associations for music educators in Canada
- Contract review and/or negotiation
- Collaborative planning
- Technology that facilitates communication (project management, e-meetings, shared documents, etc.)
- Facility, resource, and financial management
- Bilingual in both French and English, as well as a familiarity with french speaking Canada will be given preferential consideration.
Making An Application
To submit an application, please send a letter (two-page maximum) to the attention of Kirsten Maclaine, CMEA President, at email@example.com, as soon as possible, outlining your:
- reasons for interest;
- experience with conference and/or professional development leadership;
- role(s) in the music education community;
- commitment to fulfilling the role immediately, with the potential to be asked to continue their leadership role through until July 2022;
- History of volunteerism with local, provincial, or national music education organizations; and
- Any other relevant information to support your candidacy
- Please also be prepared to provide three references who can attest to your capacity for leadership, ability to meet deadlines, commitment to music education, and organizational style.
For more information, please contact Kirsten MacLaine, President at firstname.lastname@example.org