Canadian Music Educators’ Association / l’Association canadienne des musiciens éducateurs
The Canadian Music Educators’ Association/l’Association canadienne des musiciens éducateurs is a professional association that nurtures a vital music learning community throughout Canada.
The Canadian Music Educators’ Association/l’Association canadienne des musiciens éducateurs serves and connects those interested in music education including current and future educators, students, parents, and members of the community. The CMEA/ACME fosters the advancement of teaching and the lifelong learning of music. Our purpose is accomplished through publications, a dynamic website, advocacy, collaboration on key initiatives, applied research and regular communication with our members, provincial and territorial affiliates, partners and the international community.
Our Main Goals
- Providing for provincial, national and international interaction
- Developing interactive communication networks with its membership and partners
- Researching relevant topics in music education and disseminating results, including best practices
- Sharing and deliberating on key issues with stakeholders such as territorial and provincial affiliates; other national and international music education organizations; federal agencies
- Collaborating with federal agencies and government departments, as well as national arts and education organizations to inform and advocate for music education
- Assisting in establishing and supporting student chapters in universities, both with provincial/territorial affiliates and with chapters directly affiliated with CMEA/ACME
- Celebrating music education excellence through awards
- Participating at music/arts education conferences and events
- Serving as the official representative for Canadian music education at the International Society for Music Education
- Operating in an ethical, fiscally responsible and transparent manner